How We Can Support Your Finance Team
We understand that businesses of all sizes face finance and accounting resourcing challenges. Within a larger organisation, this can involve talent shortages and specialist knowledge gaps. Within a smaller organisation, this can involve establishing a dedicated finance function for the first time, or providing professional support to an in-house finance manager.
Regardless of the size of your organisation, we can work with you to create a bespoke solution leveraging outsourced resources to supplement and support your finance function. Our highly trained and professionally qualified staff can seamlessly integrate into your finance workflow to supplement internal capabilities and plug resourcing gaps.
A Comprehensive Outsourcing Solution – Why Choose Us?
When evaluating an outsourced finance and accounting solution for your business, there are a number of critical considerations to take into account. Through our experience working with businesses like yours, we have set out some of these considerations and how they would be typically addressed in a bespoke engagement with us.
- Communication and cultural alignment – As a boutique practice, we only take on engagements that are of mutual benefit to our business and to yours. This ethos runs right through our business and begins with our hiring process. We sacrifice volume and focus on quality, carefully selecting staff that have the communication skills and personality to align with our clients’ businesses. We recognise our responsibility to engage and develop well rounded staff through all stages of their career. That is why we only take on outsourcing engagements that will challenge and engage our staff to think creatively and tackle complexity.
- Quality of output – Our outsourcing solutions integrate skilled resources across our teams in Australia and Sri Lanka, allowing for efficiency and cost effectiveness when it comes to recurring tasks and providing access to expert knowledge for key deliverables and review. All staff retain professional accounting qualifications and are required to prepare for and attend weekly structured training sessions on technical finance, accounting and tax topics facilitated by our management team.
- Deliverables and time frames – One of the primary benefits of engaging outsourced resources to optimise your finance function is the ability to cost effectively scale up or down. We understand business cycles and will work with you to plan for periods of increased intensity and periods of downtime to ensure your finance team is staffed and running efficiently at all times.
- Business continuity – On paper, outsourcing presents an opportunity to ensure business continuity by reducing dependence on inflexible in-house resources that are bogged down by leave requirements, staff turnover and knowledge gaps. In practice, we have found that outsourcing is often poorly executed, simply shifting these issues to the outsourcing partner, with the business still exposed to the same disruptions. Our outsourcing solutions focus on knowledge sharing and where possible, ensure aspects of an engagement are shared between more than one team member. Our solutions account for the involvement of our management team, to ensure that our staff and clients always have access to one on one support where required.
- Systems – All of our staff are trained in common accounting and ERP systems and have access to champions with particular knowledge of these systems. This includes Xero, Netsuite, SAP, Great Plains (Microsoft Dynamics), Quickbooks, MYOB, Reckon and Salesforce. Our staff are well versed in the integration of these systems with businesses and are always on the lookout for ways to optimise how these systems interact with business processes and each other.